Monday, May 18, 2020

Vikings Trade Stadium To Philadelphia For New Mascot (Satire)

Minneapolis, MN


After searching through the off-season for a suitable mascot replacement, the Minnesota Vikings have settled on the Phillie Phanatic, having only had to yield the athletic rights to their newly-built U.S. Bank Stadium in order to secure the deal.

The Vikings front office expressed optimism for the deal.

"The mascot is a key component to our plans for the Super Bowl", said head coach Mike Zimmer. "It's important to have the Minnesota crowd on our side, because I said I'd bring them a team to be proud of, and I expect to do that. We'll just have to play somewhere else while we're doing it."

When asked if there's any issue with the fact that the Phillie Phanatic is actually a baseball mascot, not a football one, team owner Zygi Wilf said it was a non-issue.

"As I understand the species, I believe it will be able to acclimate to our harsh winters. With a thick orange coat, and its tube-like proboscis no doubt designed for digging deep into harsh climates for sustenance, I have every belief that the Phanatic will be able to provide for the t-shirt cannon and YMCA-dance-conducting needs that these fans deserve." Later adding, "Yes, I am an actual billionaire whose real name is actually Zygi Wilf."

Players also expressed a positive attitude when told of the recent developments.

"I'm excited personally", says wide receiver Stefon Diggs. "I'm excited to see where this team goes, I'm excited for the future, and I'm excited to see how the team meshes together now that we don't actually have a stadium to play or even practice in. But I know I can do my part, and we can all do our part, and be the best team we can be. We can lose wherever you need us to lose. We're professionals."

No comments:

Post a Comment